Photo credits: @bellathomas
These 5 quick and easy vegan snacks are ideal for when you’re on a rush or just too lazy to get the kitchen messy. Whatever you are craving, we’ve got you covered, sweet and salty recipes that will take you 10 minutes or less. Thank us later ;)
1. Peanut Butter Jelly Apple 'Nachos'
This peanut butter jelly combo on apple ‘nachos’ is the perfect quick and healthy snack! Vegan, gluten-free, protein-packed, no-bake delicious treat.
Prep time: 5 mins
- 1 large apple (or 2 small apples)
- 1-2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter, melted
- 1-2 tablespoons jelly, your favourite flavour
- Chia seeds, optional
2. Turmeric Snack Bites
The perfect little bites for when you’re in need of a quick snack or are craving something sweet! (Gluten Free)
Serving: 10 balls
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup | 70 g walnuts
- 1/2 cup | 70 g unsweetened desiccated/shredded coconut
- 1 cup | about 8 pitted medjool dates, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground tumeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- Add all of your ingredients to a high powdered blender or food processor and pulse until the dates and walnuts are broken up into small pieces and the mixture sticks together. If your mixture is too dry add a couple more dates. You may need to stop to scrape the sides down occasionally.
- Transfer the mixture to a small bowl for easier rolling. Scoop out 1 tablespoon of the mixture at a time and roll into little balls.
- Store these in the fridge for up to a week.
3. Mediterranean Pinwheels
These Mediterranean Pinwheels are a super easy and ultimately delicious snack. Made with tomatoes, artichokes, and olives, they get their awesome flavour kick by the homemade Tahini sauce. (Gluten free).
Serving: 3 pinwheels
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 1 mins
1. TAHINI SAUCE
- 3 Tbs Tahini Paste
- 3 Tbs Lemon juice
- 4 Tbs white vinegar
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) water
- 1 glove garlic
- salt pepper to taste
- cherry tomatoes
- artichokes in a jar
- tortillas, gluten-free
- Whisk together all ingredients in a small bowl until the sauce is creamy.
- Cut the tomatoes, artichokes, and olives into slices.
- Spread about one Tbs of the Tahini sauce on one tortilla. Add the vegetables and top with a handful of salad.
- Tightly roll the tortillas and cut into pinwheels.
4. Avocado Tomato Bruschetta
For the love of Mediterranean flavours, you’re going to love this avocado, tomato bruschetta because it tastes great and is ready in less than 10 minutes.
Serving: 1 bruschetta
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 6 chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 slices of bread
- 1/2 sliced avocado
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Finely chopped fresh basil
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Mix the cherry tomatoes with the vinegar in a bowl.
- Place the avocado onto the bread and then add the tomatoes and the garlic.
- Finally, add some basil, salt and pepper to taste.
5. Pan Fried Cinnamon Bananas
Quick and easy recipe for overripe bananas, perfect for a special breakfast or an afternoon snack!
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
- Bananas - slightly overripe.
- Sugar - or sugar substitute like granulated Splenda
- Slice the bananas into rounds
- Combine the cinnamon, sugar, and nutmeg in a small bowl and set aside.
- Spray a skillet with nonstick spray, heat over medium, then add the banana rounds.
- Sprinkle about ½ of the cinnamon mixture, then cook for 2-3 minutes until the rounds start to warm.
- Flip the rounds, sprinkle the rest of the cinnamon mixture, then cook for another 2 minutes or so until the bananas are warmed through.